Sunday, July 22, 2007

I am so random

Ok, thanks Paige. I was wondering about what to post today, and you solved my temporary dilemma.
Here are 8 random facts about me.

1. I saw a commercial the other night for Monster Ballads Platinum Edition, a 2-disc set of the 32 greatest rock ballads from the 80s. I almost called the number and ordered it on the spot. I didn’t, but I might just have to order it online. I am a sucker for monster ballads of the 80s. AND, the drummer of one of the featured bands had my mom for math in high school. She said he wasn’t very good at math, but maybe you don’t know what you got (till it’s gone).

2. In spite of being exposed by my sister, all of my cousins and my friend Jennifer, I have never had the chicken pox. I had to get immunized against it a couple years ago.

3. For the first 6-½ months of my life, my name was Sharon. Then I almost ended up Hazel, Marcelle or Madeline.

4. I was on ESPN when I was 14, carrying the Canadian flag during the national anthem. Hartford Whalers v. New York Rangers. The singer was standing right next to me (he was actually in MY spot). When I lowered the flag, it totally blocked the camera shot of him, so I can only imagine the scrambling in the booth and names I was called as they switched cameras to show him off to his best advantage.

5. My favorite city is Washington, D.C. I love to walk through the American History Museum and visit the monuments.

6. My favorite pizza is mushroom and onion from Cortese’s in Binghamton. I also LOVE their house Italian salad dressing.

7. I watched part of Demolition Man today. Again, I don’t know why.

8. I love trivia, and I have a million worthless bits of it in my head. I have finished a game of Pop Culture Trivial Pursuit in one turn.

So here’s the deal. Now that I've answered these questions, I have to tag eight more people. I am new to this blog world so I only have 4 to tag. Nancy, Paige, Mamie, Bill.

Here are the rules: Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, Sharon, you can't tag me back.