Saturday, January 31, 2009

Color me Fabulous

I have had a crappy week. I had my heart bruised by a bad man, and have been trying to shake off that funky mood.

How do you mend a bruised heart, you ask? You pamper yourself like the goddess you are.

With a gift card firmly in hand, I headed off to Gilded Spa and Salon in Palm Beach Gardens. First up was an hour-long massage. I thought it was going to be aromatherapy, but it was not. But honestly, I was so relaxed and Humberto's hands were magic, so I didn't make a fuss. I just laid there quietly while he worked out the stress I always store in my shoulders. At one point, I almost dozed off.

Then it was off to the salon side for a pedicure. She wrapped my legs in hot towels and buffed my heels smooth. And there was Champagne! And cookies! I could not help but smile at how decadent I felt, spoiling myself. I need to do that more often!!

So, am I still blue? Yes, admittedly, a little. But now, so are my toes (Chanel Blue Satin, to be specific).

And like me, they are fabulous.


No comments: