Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Walking on Sunshine!

And it feels GREAT! My big news is that I have accepted a position at a magazine in south Florida. It's a fabulous opportunity and I am super excited.
And terrified. But in a good way. Kind of. I don't know anyone there. BUT, when I moved to Atlanta almost 12 years ago, I only knew one person. And he was really only a college acquaintance with a couch I could crash on until I found my way. Soon though, I got a job at a publishing company and my own place. (Well, his roommate came with me, which in hindsight was probably not the best idea. All her drama and baggage definitely did not fit under the seat in front of her OR in the overhead bin. But it was never boring; I'll give her that.) I was on my way!
I've met a lot of people in Atlanta over the years. Some good, some bad and some that are so great they have exceeded my wildest expectations (you know who you are). I will miss them all (Well, not the bad ones. They know who they are too.).
I will miss Jenny most of all. She's been a great roommate and an even better sister.
And I need to give a shout to my brilliant friend Paige, because without her, this opportunity might have passed me by.
I am going to be very busy over the next couple weeks while I pack and move (already found a place to live!), but keep checking back!
The Sunshine State is about to get a little bit BLUER!!!!

In other news: I am officially skin cancer free, but one step closer to hell. I had Brooke Astor. 3 stiffs, 21 points.

No comments: