Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Oh Skinny Cows, how I have missed you

Woo hoo! I went to my Weight Watchers meeting tonight, and I lost 3 1/2 pounds! Now I am sure that was just water, but what the hell, I'll take it!

I am "rewarding" myself with a glass of wine. OK, two.

I made some good changes this week. I switched to raw veggies with my hummus, instead of crackers. I got a food scale to measure out proper portions. I've been writing everything that goes in my mouth down on my journal pages. And I danced around the kitchen while preparing a Memorial Day batch of Manhattan Clam Chowder.

And, as an allowed treat, I have reintroduced myself to the most wonderful of 2-point ice cream treats, the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich. They are heaven! And, since chocolate is my "trigger food," I got little 1-point chocolate Zingers and these 2-point chocolate mint bars for that after lunch fix (not all at once. Just one a day!). Take THAT bowl of peanut M&Ms up at the front desk. You can not defeat me!

I can do this. I am determined! This week comes some walking and more work with my hand weights. I'll be strutting that pink skirt by Labor Day!!!

No comments: